Monday, August 13, 2012

Always & Tampax "Always Radiant" Collection


If a little bit of TMI scares you, then this might not be the blog entry for you (*cough* Boys, avert your eyes)- But something tells me most of my readership, and the other random women who may stumble upon this review, will be happy to find an open, full review on the new Radiant Collection from Always and Tampax.

Influenster sent all of us lucky participants in the Summer VoxBox program a very cute carrying pouch filled with samples of this collection to test and review. The best part of course being that it was compliments of Influenster and P&G! So a big thank you to both companies :)

Always Radiant Incredibly Thin Liners:
I've been a very loyal consumer of Always pantyliners for quite some time now, this I cannot deny. Although I've tried several other brands, including the generic equivalent thereof, none have quite measured up to Always in terms of absorption, overall coverage and their absolutely excellent adhesive! Always definitely believes in edge to edge adhesive, which is one of the most important factors, if you ask me, when it comes to any pad or pantyliner. The LAST thing you need is that baby budging!

I use pantyliners every day just to feel fresh. I honestly do think they keep everything cleaner, especially in the Summer when the temperatures are high. So it's for this reason I had a misconception that I needed a thicker pantyliner. The Radiant Collection proved me wrong.

Designed to work in every style of panties from boyshorts to thongs, you can trust that this is by far the thinnest, most absorbent, versatile, pretty pantyliner you will find! Again, that adhesive! It stayed put even on my microfiber boyshorts that once left me wondering and running around the office, because...O-M-G...WHERE DID MY PANTYLINER GO?! (I never did find it and I am still mortified.)

Always Radiant Infinity Pads:
I switched to using pads 100% for a while because tampons just became too uncomfortable. I don't really know why, so over the past year or so I have tried many different brands- Always trying to find that magical, seemingly mythical, perfect pad. You know the one- Long and wide enough to provide full coverage, wings, edge to edge adhesive that really adheres, great absorption that also keeps it away from your skin as much as possible, and a wrapper that works well for disposal.

If it's not one among those features it's another that every pad I've tried seems to be lacking!

And then I tried this pad. Ticking off every one of my must-have boxes! If it's possible to squee! with joy during your period, I was squee-ing! Haha... I honestly don't have much more to say about it than that!

Tampax Radiant Tampons (Regular and Super):
Now, I just mentioned that I've been 100% pads for quite some time because of discomfort with tampons, but I thought I would give these a try anyway. See if their design was a better fit- Especially because I actually DO prefer using a combination of pads and tampons.

The wrapper, which is just as pretty as the rest of the packaging in the Radiant Collection, is designed to open both easily and quietly and is resealable. When I was talking about this with my girlfriends at our last Girls' Night they wondered what the big deal was with a resealable wrapper. Well. Let me tell you what the big deal is- Once You Go Resealable, You Never Go Back! I am serious! It is amazing and so much less messy than the traditional fight-with-the-wrapper-to-open-then-try-to-shove-the-applicator-back-in-it route every other tampon comes in.

Then there is the applicator itself. I previously would have issues with the little grip portion, it being too small or awkward to keep a hold of (I told you there'd be a bit of TMI!), but the Tampax Radiant tampons (plastic applicator, a must!) have this fluted grip with a very pretty, but functional, scroll design that makes it SO much easier to keep a hold of and position it just-so- Which I learned must have been a big part of my discomfort with all of the other tampons. In addition to these exterior features of the product- their absorption was great, and I found they stayed in very well, expanding comfortably to fit my body.

I definitely felt confident that there would be zero 'accidents' while using all of the products within the Radiant Collection, which is definitely the biggest pro of all. The more comfortable you are, the more your natural radiance will shine through, no matter the time of the month.


*I received this product compliments of Influenster for testing purposes. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment