Friday, August 24, 2012

CLEAR SCALP & HAIR BEAUTY THERAPY™ Review


I'd been eyeing this new line of shampoo and conditioner at Target for a little while, with its sleek matte-shine purple bottle and bold name CLEAR- In the world of cleansers, a word that promises to leave your hair the epitome of clean and ready to take on all that you and this crazy world are apt to throw its way- From product to heat styling to pollutants in the air.

But..as I still had a ton of shampoo and conditioner hanging around of another variety, I didn't really think much of trying something new until I joined Influenster and they sent me a Summer VoxBox that contained a free sample of CLEAR Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapyin the Total Care formula. Iiii did a little dance, haha.

First thing I did was open the bottles and take a nice big whiff! THEY SMELL AMAZING. Oh my gosh!

Next I hopped onto their website to check out as much information as possible. Growing up with a sister who is quite the beauty guru, it actually came as no surprise to me that 99% of hair's natural strength and beauty comes from the scalp. CLEAR's mission is to address the very good question- Why have we been ignoring it for so long, focusing so often only on our ends?

Rich in vitamins and nutrients, featuring Nutrum 10TM technology, CLEAR Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy™ is available in six shampoos, five conditioners and they've actually recently introduced a new Men's Line as well!  I can't wait to check this out for my boyfriend! He has an awesome full head of hair that is just begging to be nourished!!

I've only been using the product for about a month, so it's a little too soon to determine how any new hair growth compares to the...ah...old hair? haha. But one of the other claims CLEAR makes is to reduce the amount of breakage, and I can say I have definitely noticed far less hair on my comb when I get out of the shower! Here are some more notes on my usage-

I have long, medium thick, naturally curly, not dyed or processed, normal to oily (yet flaky, go figure) scalp-dry ends hair...And from the very first wash my hair has looked, felt and smelled incredible!

The shampoo and conditioner, both of which you massage into your scalp, leave you feeling a smidge cool/tingly which is amazing in the summertime, and perfect for a groggy morning. This sensation stays with me for a couple of hours after my shower, which I really love. I feel so clean! It's awesome.

What is great about the conditioner is that despite applying it to your roots, it doesn't weigh your hair down, or lead to the greasies later on in the day at all. I was really worried about this as I do have a tendency to go from clean to oily in under 12 hours. My curls also have a bad habit of being easily weighed down, and I often have to go to great lengths to give them that extra boost...never quite seeing the curl I crave all of the way to my roots. So...you can imagine my surprise when I noticed my hair, completely sans styling product of any kind, curling in the fashion I'd only previously dreamed. This is why it didn't take me but two seconds to make a full-size purchase.
My only quandary was do I stick with the Total Care formula or try the 
Volumizing Root Boost formula like their fun little quiz suggested?!

*I received this product compliments of Influenster for testing purposes. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment