Saturday, August 4, 2012

Quaker Soft Baked Banana Nut Bar

As promised here is the start of my reviews on the products contained within my Summer Beauty VoxBox from Influenster!

First up I'd love to acquaint you with what is sure to become one of your own favorite on-the-go breakfast or snack bars- From Quaker's new line Soft Baked the Banana Nut Bar.
Doesn't that just look delectable?!

The first thing that struck me were those delicious crushed nuts on top. Talk about YUM! And although I was a little wary of it tasting too much like artificial banana flavoring, after taking a slew of photos of the product for blogging, Tweeting and Facebook-posting (because I was just too excited, haha), my sister, mom and I all dug right in!

FIRST- IT DOES NOT TASTE LIKE ARTIFICIAL BANANA AT ALL. I was worried for nothing! Listen up competitors, candy companies included! Nestle/Wonka, do I have your attention!?...That's who makes Runts, right? Go buy a box of these yummy bars, have yourself a nutritious snack, revel in the way banana is supposed to taste, and regroup on all of your banana flavored products! Quaker has accomplished what I truly thought was impossible. :) This really does taste like a slice of banana nut loaf!

It was a bit chewier than we were anticipating, I think because we had our minds set on a piece of banana nut bread and these definitely have the texture of an oatmeal cookie-brownie, so we decided to pop the other half into the microwave, as the package suggests, for about 10 seconds. This does wonders for an already great product- You know how brownies often taste better the next day because the flavors have had more time to develop? Well warmed up, it's as though there are flavor pods hiding inside that burst to life!

So aside from the yummy flavor, which if I were to tweak anything, it'd just be to add a little more spice- We're a spice-loving family, big on the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice in this house, we love the flavors of Fall- What does this bar have to offer that sets it apart from its competitors on the breakfast bar aisle?

Boasting a whopping five grams of fiber per bar, six grams of protein and only a smidge over three grams of fat, this bar is exceptionally satisfying while still remaining low in fat. Additionally, as you'll note in the complete nutrition facts, it is packed with vitamins/minerals B, E, A, Calcium and Iron.

Averaging around $2.70 a box here in North Idaho (Suggested Retail $3.29, for a coupon click here!), Quaker is offering a very affordable, nutritious alternative for a snack or breakfast on the go this summer- And as something tasty to heat up and nibble on while curled up on the couch with a cup of tea and your favorite book this Fall as the rain pours outside your living room window.

The only question you'll be asking yourself at the grocery store is...


Should I just cave and buy both? ;)


*I received this product compliments of Influenster for testing purposes. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment